The Black Ryder was formed in 2007 by founding members Aimee Nash (Vocals / Guitar / Keyboards / Percussion) and Scott Von Ryper (Vocals / Guitar / Bass / Keyboards / Percussion) after their exit from Australian band, The Morning After Girls.
The Black Ryder is essentially a duo, who enlist the help of friends / special guests to create a live experience.
Special Guests include / have included:
- Ricky Maymi Brian Jonestown Massacre
- Leah Shapiro Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
- Peter Hayes Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
- Graham Bonnar (ex-)Swervedriver
- Jules Ferrari (ex-) (The Dolly Rocker Movement and Los Sundowners)
- Archi Read (Doomfoxx / Ooh La La)
- Luke O'Farrell (The Laurels)
- Adam Edwards (ex-)Wolf & Cub
- Kate Wilson (The Laurels / The Holy Soul)
The Black Ryder spent most of 2008 writing their debut album and playing some major support spots in Australia. These included:
Their track,Sweet Come Down which is taken from their debut album is accompanied by a video which was Directed by Michael Spiccia. Michael Spiccia has also directed film clips for Jet and End Of Fashion.